Monday, August 2, 2010

Upcoming Writing Projects: More Info



















So for the past few weeks I have been working on new writing projects (and new techniques for old projects too). I thought I would give a quick update for anyone interested.

First, the "old" project with "new" techniques. I read a tip given by the author that inspires me the most (who happens to also be my favorite author) Ellen Hopkins. She talked about creating your characters, figuring out what they are all about and let them tell their own story. Rather than create the plot and the situations and trying to make the characters fit in. Create the story around who they are. So I started working on that with two of my novel ideas and learned that two of the stories are actually going to work together (but still be separate).

Next, the big writing project that will launch September 1st. I am working on different subjects and with as many ideas that I can find. I am still kind of in the brainstorming stage, and slowly working into research and rough draft stage. I would like to publish one article/creative writing piece a day, or two if possible.

Some ideas are music reviews, movie reviews, book reviews, electronic/game/entertainment reviews, GIMP tutorials, Top 5/10 articles, health/weight loss/diabetes articles

Any suggestions on what I should write about? Anything you would like to know more about? I am open to researching a topic and writing about it.

http://thewritersworkshop.net/writing-2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment