Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Flight Experience [May 2010]

Third time is a charm perhaps? This is my third time trying to get back to where I grew up. First the plane left too early, then it was cancelled; third time now it is in progress. I will tell you up to this point now and I will update when I am finished with the flight.

So, arrived at the departing airport around 3:30 (flight scheduled to leave 4:30 PM) The started us through security early (the plane hadn't yet landed at the airport even). We left around 4:45 Pm. The flight was fairly quick and easy. Sat by a nice lady. Unfortunately I did not get a window seat but that is besides the point.

Landed in Houston (mind you is under construction...but that doesnt really affect anything). Took a shuttle bus from Terminal A to Terminal B (where we all got off to find our Terminal). My boarding pass told me that I was supposed to go to Terminal E but I looked at the flight status board and it told me to go to Terminal C. So, I got on the "train" to said terminal. Walked a few flights of stairs (they have escalators but I fear those...) so I was out of breathe. Found a Wendy's near my gate so got some food. All the walking and then the meal took up most of the 3 hour wait.

Interesting Fact:
First plane (unsure kind?) : 29 passengers
Second (from Houston - 737 maybe?) : around 180 passengers
Third (From Salt Lake City to Idaho - Embrasalia or some kind of plane...made partly in Brazil...) 1 passenger!

Anyway. The flight from Houston was alright. Almost three hours long. Sat by a young married couple. Again,no window seat but it was dark anyway (almost 9 pm till around midnight). We got to watch a film on this plane. Tooth Fairy. There was a different film that I was hoping to see (can't remember it at the moment). Tooth Fairy was a good movie. The film with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. He played Derrick, a man with no faith in fantasy or dreams. He told a kid that he'd never make it in Hockey and then told his girlfriends daughter that there was no such thing as the tooth fairy. Derrick then got sent to "tooth fairy land" where he had to learn the job of a tooth fairy. Needless to say, he learned to believe in, not only the tooth fairy, but dreams in general.

Anyway, the flight ended shortly after the film....and there was MORE! walking. Had to walk from terminal B to E this time. They are not really terminals because the terminals are titled 1 and 2. However I had to walk from where the B gates where to where the E gates are (or will be in 6.5 hours).

Now I am just sitting here writing this blog about the flight as it has been so far. All in all not too bad. Last time I got so sick. Right now I am just hungry and thirsty.

Have you flown recently? Tell me YOUR story. Who did you fly with? The majority of my flight has been Continental, and in the morning I will fly Delta.


Now, this is how the rest of my flight went.

I waited 8 long hours before my plane was set to depart. I sat in the gate area all alone....except for the people cleaning the airport.

Around 6 AM I sat and just watched people, and waited for people to come and wait for the flight too....but no one came and it was getting closer for boarding time. Come to find out, I was the only passanger on the flight!

Seriously. I got the plane to myself. How sweet is that? Ever flown by yourself before? I got to sit wherever I wanted, and the flight attendant offered me all the drinks I wanted. It was a sweet deal.

Anyway, landed 15 minutes early, and I was glad the flight was over. In the waiting area of the airport I found my cousin and my grandparents waiting.

Now, I would love to hear your travelling experiences! Feel free to share them with me in a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment